Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is launching a new opportunity to mentor and employ Young Adults in the field of Junior Web Development.This opportunity provides the individual selected with an opportunity to further a career in technology. This opportunity differs from the typical job in the sense that we are a non-profit, charitable organization, whose mission is to transform lives through individual mentorship, training, and full-time employment. As part of the program, an individual mentor will be assigned. The mentor will work closely with you to achieve both personal and professional success. Having a mentor can make all the difference. Your mentor will help you to identify any barriers you may face, then work with you to overcome them.
- Have a strong interest in technology
- Strong attention to detail
- Enjoy solving complex problems
- Does not become frustrated easily
- Hard working with a solid work ethic
- Possess solid communication and teamwork skills
- Prior experience in technology either through school or work
- In this role you will be responsible for supporting the technology-enabled automation of business processes to achieve digital transformation for increased service quality and cost reduction.
- Act as the liaison between the business SMEs and the data analytics, digital transformation, and IT teams to ensure the needs of the organization
- Evaluate existing business processes to identify and execute improvement initiatives through automation technology such as Robotic Automation, Artificial Intelligence, Power BI, Mobile Applications, etc.
- Effectively multitask with concurrent initiatives
- Availability to commit to a full-time schedule
- Must have a minimum 1-3 years’ experience programing in an object-oriented language
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in computer science or other relevant training
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, and SAP skills, Python, R, UI Path, HTML, CSS, C#, Power BI, Power Query, SQL
- $19.23/hour plus benefits
Founded in 2005, Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is a leading 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to developing the skills of untapped talent from underserved and veteran communities through partnerships with organizations dedicated to diversifying their workforce. Utilizing a scientifically-based model derived from research conducted at Columbia University, we recruit, educate, train, and place high-potential candidates with leading organizations around the world. To date, WOS has served 3,800+ individuals through partnerships with more than 60 corporations in 40+ locations worldwide. For more information, visit wforce.org