Entry Level Software Developer
Training and Employment Program
Join our program. Change your life.
Program Start Date: July 25th, 2019
- This program provides NO COST, comprehensive training to highly motivated individuals. If selected for the program, you will receive customized training, followed by Full-Time employment with our partner, PSEG.
- This unique work-study opportunity differs from the typical job. Our solution, for those who are ready, will put you on the right personal, academic, and professional path while providing the necessary support and mentorship to help keep you there.
- This program will focus on Software Development
- Due to the accelerated training timeline and intense curriculum being taught, the successful candidate will have a prior working knowledge of Software Development
- Post 9/11 Veteran-honorably discharged or currently serving in the National Guard / Reserve OR
- Young adult with prior knowledge through education or relevant work experience in desktop support, windows administration and/or network administration
- Available to commit to full-time schedule beginning July 25th, 2019
- Program Selection (July 25th and 26th, 2019):
- The Program Selection event is a competitive process, in which we assess candidates through individual and team exercises to determine who will be selected for the training program.
- Attendance is MANDATORY for all four sessions in order to be considered for the program.
- Program Selection Compensation: There is NO compensation for the Program Selection
- Phase 1 - Academics (August 5th-October 18th, 2019):
- Full-Time Academics
- Classes will be held Monday – Friday during normal business hours
- Training will include Interpersonal Skills and the following:
- Academic Compensation: $500/Week Stipend.
- This stipend is a miscellaneous payment (Form 1099) and is required to be reported to IRS when filing taxes.
- Phase 2 - Work/Study (October 21st, 2019-January 3rd, 2020):
- Full-Time work with an Academic component
- Throughout the program you will receive continued support and mentorship to ensure your success
- Work/Study Compensation: $14.80/Hour (Plus Benefits after 90 days)
- Phase 3 - Full-Time Consultancy (January 6th-July 31st, 2020):
- Full-Time work
- Full-Time consultancy will last a minimum of 30 weeks, after which, you will be eligible for hire at PSEG
- Full-Time Consultancy Compensation: $18.50/Hour (Plus Benefits)
- Program Selection: Long Island, NY
- Phases 1-3: (Bethpage) Long Island, NY
WOS is a leading 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to developing the skills of untapped talent from underserved and veteran communities through partnerships with organizations dedicated to diversifying their workforce. For more information, visit wforce.org